What Does Al-Tijari Do?
Commercial Bank of Kuwait is one of the largest financial institutions in Kuwait with a strong and growing corporate and retail banking franchise providing innovative financial and investment solutions to its ever growing customer base.
Data Privacy Inquiries
Address: Commercial Bank of Kuwait Mubarak Al Kabeer Street, P.O Box 2861, Postal Code 13029, Safat Kuwait, Tel: 22990000, Fax: 22464870
Tel: +965 22990000 Ext 6730/6837/0905/6836
When Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We collect and hold information about you when you:
- Complete an online application through AlTijari online (internet banking or cbk mobile), PACI Kuwait mobile ID, Cinet/credit score, fill a soft form or a form at the branch (Kiosk,Selfservice ,Smart teller machine STM)
- Provide us with your contact address or email address;
- Access and use our services through our website and online banking (IB and mobile)
We also collect some statistical information about visitors from our website
(For example, the number of visitors, the viewed pages, the types of transactions conducted, the time spent on the website and the downloaded documents). Some of this statistical information is collected by using cookies, but none of the statistical information we collect allows us to identify a visitor. We use this information to evaluate our website performance and continually improve our digital services
Automated Technologies or Interactions
Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, stored in log files.
A cookie is a small data file transferred to your computer (or other device) when it is used to access our service. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including to enable certain features of our service and remember your preferences, your equipment and your browsing actions and patterns. Cookies can help us better understand how you interact with our service so we can provide you with advertising on and off the service, and so we can monitor the visitors’ usage as well as the online traffic routing. You may be able to instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the online services you visit. Nevertheless, if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to use all the portions or functionalities of our service.
Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources
We may receive aggregated personal data about you from various third parties as mentioned below: Technical Data from the following
Technical Data from the following parties:
•Analytics providers such as Google Analytics and Facebook;
•Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp,SnapChat, YouTube, LinkedIn or any social media platform used by the bank in future.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
The types of information that we keep on record will depend on the type of product or banking services requested by you. Generally, we may collect, store, use and keep a record of one or more of the following categories of personal data about you:
•Telephone numbers/ contact number
•Credit information about you and property in case the transaction is for loan or any collateral held by the bank (,deposits credit cards..etc)
•Account transaction information including credit and debit.
•Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
•Biometrics credentials(voice,face,fingerprint) used for banking purpose
•About (mentioned in resume);
•Information about how you use our website,
•products and services;
•Information on what you view, click on and access through our emails and text messages, website, online banking and CBK mobile.
Marketing and Communications Data
We do not collect any personal data for marketing purposes. However, we may ask you to leave a review or take a survey to help us provide you with better services. We may also collect your personal data when responding to your queries and comments, social media posts and questions.
We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information, unless it is necessary for our Bank business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the Bank’s Information Security Policy. Our intent is not to collect or process any sensitive information about you, unless required by applicable laws. However, in certain circumstances, we may need to collect, or request your sensitive information for employment related purposes via a shared resume. This can include for example data on your hobbies, gender or disabilities for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring and in order to comply with anti-discrimination laws and government reporting obligations (such as Know Your Customer KYC and any applicable compliance forms)
How and Why Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
•To respond to your request or to be able to process your application for our banking products or services (including performing the identity check required by the Financial Transaction Reports, and the analysis in relation to other banking services where necessary)
• To effectively manage and administer all the products and banking services we provide to you including banking, corporate banking, treasury, financial planning and other services (for example we may use your email address, mobile or telephone number to communicate with you about the banking services we provide to you)
•For reasons of substantial public interest, or for official purposes or as requested by the investigation authorities, police or governmental authorities on a lawful basis
• Where it is necessary for the establishment to exercise or defend legal claims, or for the purposes of carrying out obligations and exercising our or your rights in the fields of employment, social security and social protection law
• Based on your explicit consent ,Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
•Where processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject
• It means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business activities to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience;
• We make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) as well as your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests
• We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by laws).
• We may also use your personal data in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests);
Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
o Data collected through the bank’s channels such as IP address ,device ID, cookies and links to 3rd part sites
Aggregated data refers to numerical and non-numerical information that we are collecting for example through “Google Analytics” and social media UTM parameters.
Purpose/ Activity, Type of Data and Lawful Basis for Processing
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data and the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified our legitimate interests, where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data based on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
However, we normally collect personal data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is within the legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In certain cases, we may also have legal obligations to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another data subject.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds that justify our use of your personal data.