In continuation of its efforts to keep up with the new payment technologies, Al-Tijari Debit, Credit and Prepaid Cards now support contactless NFC technology, a service under the name of “Tap It”, which allows cardholders to pay quickly and easily, without having to enter their PIN number.
Details of Tap It service:
- PIN entry is not required for local transaction purchase of less than KWD 25
- The maximum amount of local transaction purchase without PIN entry is KWD 25 per day
- The maximum amount of international transaction purchase without PIN entry is KWD 50 or equivalent in foreign currency
- Once you exceed KD 25 per day in local transaction purchases you will be asked to enter the PIN number whereby the number of contactless transaction will be reset.
- PIN entry is not required for purchases that are KWD 25 or less.
- The maximum amount for purchase and number of transactions without PIN entry and is dependent on card type as per the below contactless (NFC) table:
Number of Transactions/Day
| Visa Classic/Gold|| 5|| 100|
| Visa Platinum|| 7|| 150|
| Visa Signature|| 10|| 200|
| Visa Infinite|| 10|| 250|
| MasterCard Classic/Gold|| 5|| 100|
| MasterCard BA* Platinum/Titanium|| 7|| 150|
| MasterCard BA* World|| 10|| 250|
| MasterCard Platinum Prepaid|| 5|| 100|
* British Airways
Cardholders can also control contactless (NFC) transactions limit by activating or deactivating the feature through AlTijari Mobile or CBK Online.
Terms & conditions apply.